Northern Caribbean University (NCU) constantly strives to offer the highest quality educational experience to all of its students, whether it is in the traditional sense of classroom instruction or in alternative teaching methodologies, such as distance education. In an effort to reach more students, the university is making more of its course offerings available in the distance education format.
Distance Education is a formal educational process in which the majority of the instruction (interaction between students and facilitators and among students) in a course occurs when students and facilitators are not in the same place. Instruction may be synchronous or asynchronous. A distance education course may employ correspondence study, or audio, or video, or computer technologies. NCU employs all of these technologies in course delivery. Utilization of the various formats for distance education (e.g., correspondence courses, tele-courses and internet-based courses) allows the university to be all-inclusive in its outreach to current and potential students.
The Distance Education Department shall, therefore, seek to do the following to proactively address changes in the marketplace while satisfying its clientele.
- Provide online learning opportunities that will result in certificates, diplomas and degrees being awarded.
- Facilitate professional development courses and programmes online that are relevant and distinctive for the upskilling of communities.
- Maintain a high standard of online delivery that will ensure graduates being recognized as educated citizens in society.
- Ensure that graduates acquire the skills and competencies necessary to perform effectively and efficiently in various environments.
- Improve content delivery via technology innovation.
- Increase enrollment through satellite/extension sites.
- Improve online diversification of programming to satellite and online students.
To provide world-class online learning service delivery through creativity, research, innovation, technology and an intuitive work environment championed by a high-performing team.
- Christ & Customer Centeredness
- Affirmation & Alignment
- Respect & Retention
- Excellence & Efficiency
- Stewardship & Support
Northern Caribbean University (NCU) will be a leader in providing distance education to its clients locally, regionally and internationally by creating healthy, relevant instructional systems and training (CHRIST), embodying excellence and incorporating Christ-Centered Values as seen through:
- Implementing best teaching practices for delivering online content of the highest quality.
- Continuously improving the quality of service we provide to our clients.
- Continuing to research and develop methodologies that will enhance our clients learning experience